Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pin tucked pillow

So when I was exploring blog land last night I cam across this great picture of an adorable crib with adorable pillows...


But I L-O-V-E-D this one. So I ran (literally) up to my sewing room scowered through my fabric basket and found fabric that matches my master bedroom. So as Ethan watched Witches of Waverly Place for the 100th time I began to pin and tuck! Here is a lil tutorial on how I did it. BEWARE: This is my first tutorial.

So first I marked it with a super fancy crayola washable marker, just a small dot. I did them about 4 inches apart and then on a staggered pattern. Kinda like a brick lay pattern.


Next I took my needle and straddled the "dot" and pulled up until the fabric made "tent"



Here is the "tent". Kinda blurry but as the fabric come into the "tent" pinch it with your fingers so that you have folds of fabric in between your fingers. Then stitch like a mad lady...over and over and over and over. At this point you could take it to your machine and straight stitch/back stitch over and over. But I enjoyed sitting in front of the t.v. and doing it by hand. Cra-Cra, I know!



This is what it should look like after you have finished stitching and laid it flat.

And the entire piece pin tucked...
I then cut a piece the same size as the newly pin tucked front piece and sewed them together. You could always do the same to the back and have it pin tucked all around but I wanted to do it just on one side.


And the final product!! I-LOVE-IT. And it was soooooo easy!



I didn't use a specific pillow size I just had a piece of fabric and I squared it off and stuffed it with batting. I am really happy with the final product!!



























1 comment:

  1. yay! one of these days i'm gonna learn to sew! i swear it! Ha! love your new blog design. corey

    ReplyDelete