Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath




So I have been wanting to try this for a while. I have seen it on other blogs and so today was the day...

This is basically it, I purchased a round styrofoam wreath and coffee filters. I had the hot glue gun and glue sticks.

So with the coffee filters fold them in half and then fold that in half. You could take it a step further and fold that in half. That's totally a personal preference. I did both.

You kinda start around the top edge and just work your way around spacing how you see fit.



A view from above...

The finished product.....I.LOVE.IT! I used white filters...but I think that the brown ones would be an awesome vintage look.

While I was working away Ethan had his own crafty moment....He turned the coffee filters into garages for his cars. I was a proud mama!!



Just found a great piece for my "You Got That Where?" blog. Will post tomorrow!!


I linked up to...

3 comments:

  1. Katie, this is such a beautiful project! You made it look so easy :) Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I once bought the supplies to do this and never finished. I might be reinspired. I'm here from the hop and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just made a brown version but it still needs some embelishments. Love how poufy yours is! Visiting from Homemaker on a Dime.

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete