Friday, July 17, 2009

This one is for Ashley!!

I have been getting crap from my dear friend Ashley about my blog....or lack thereof!! So here I sit reading my sweet, sweet friends blog who is battling cancer and thinking that if she can update her blog weekly and go through all the crap (sorry for the use of that word, again...but it is the best way to describe it) that she is going through (ie treatments) then I can get back on the ball with this.

So my latest annoyance it my neighbors kids!! Sorry if you are readying this Jackie....BUT!! I have never in my life met a child that inhales as much sugar as this child does....I mean, juice box after juice box, popsicle after popsicle, cookie after cookie....you see where I am going with this. But my issue is not about the fact that his parents are going to have an outrageous dentist bill one day, its that when the IV of sugar runs out at his house, where does he go you ask??? MY HOUSE!! Now I have to preface this by saying that we have a refridgerator out in the garage and its sole purpose is house drinks, juice boxes, popsicles, beer(the most inportant one, really!!), and things alike. So it is known in the hood that such things are there. So this was just the conversation that I heard while I was in my house and the back door is open.....

Mind you its 10:30 am at the time....

"Ethan, you want a popsicle?" ethan says no. "Ethan you want a juice box" ethan says no. "Ethan you want a shake,shake(this is what ethan calls chocolate milk)" ethan says no. Then not 2 minutes later here they all come in the door.....Ethan says, "Mommy, can we have a popsicle"

Hmmmm.....now I just heard Ethan say he didnt want one...so why is he now asking for one?? I will let you guess!! And maybe you are asking...Why do you care, Katie?? And honestly, I dont know. What I do know is that I want Ethan to be a very polite, respectable child. I want him to know that if he is at someone elses house and is thirsty or hungry then he knows to ASK for it in a polite way. Not demanding. And from what I have heard he does do that.....but I am afraid that through influence those things might change.

Yes, I know that this is the difficulties of raising children....having friends that are raised differently that my child. And finding a balance in the middle. I had a friend growing up that I loved playing with, her name was Jaymee Reavis. She was such a rebel....I loved being around her. Her babysitter would give us cigarettes, would let us cuss and be everything that my parents had raised me NOT to be!! But I loved being with her...in my eyes she was so cool!! Well after about a year of being her BFF my parent forbid me to ever play with her again. And that was kind of hard seeing as she was my neighbor. But so it went that we never played again. And now at almost 32 years old....I am thankful that my parents did that because fun, rebelous, cigarette smoking, cussing Jaymee is a heroin addict and has been in and out of prision since high school. I digress, sorry...well a little digression is alway the root to another story!! Right?? So where do I draw the line with these kids?? My rules and constent nagging are not getting anywhere with these kids and they ignore what I say (well let me correct myself...they obey until I am out of sight and the breaking of the rules begins)....so I am at a loss.

And may I add that its also hard to explain to a 3 year old why he cant play some days with them.....he just doesnt understand. Nor should he...they have fun together. He just has a crazy mom who cant stand it!!

So anyway...there is my rant for today!! I have another blog already brewing in my head about religion and Facebook and how they holier than thou are about to drive me batty. That may be a long one...HAHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment