Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can someone help me, PLEASE!!

This has been the week from....well, you know where. Not sure why, but apparently it is in the stars because my sweet sister-in-law, Kristen, is going through the same thing. Whew..makes me feel better!! Anyway, this is the scenario. Ethan has become my boss, a very controlling boss...plan and simple. Here is a typical conversation....Mommy, can I go outside?....yes, but you need to put a shirt and shoes on!...okay, go get my shirt and shoes!....No!, you get your stuff!...NO!!!! you get it!!...NOOOOO!!! you get it!!...And so on and so forth!! So I am not sure if this is just the mind of a 3 1/2 year old...I tell myself that but I know that it is really not true, its just my child.

I can take the bossing around for about 1 day...and then I am over it!! I don't just roll over and take it, I try to correct the behavior. Tell him not to talk to me like that...time out, take toys away, wooden spoon...none seem to work, for very long, that is! So this is the advise that I get...be consistent, stand your ground, don't let him boss you around. Well, I do those things and it's just plain HARD!! Ethan is an extremely active child. Loves to play, I love that about him!! He does not watch a lot of TV, or sit and play. He wants to be outside running, skateboarding, things like that!! I think that it is awesome, I love that he is so active. But when it comes to being quiet and having some down time....its like another child takes over. He all of a sudden becomes this child that cannot do anything for himself and needs constant help. Which we all know that he does not...when he is outside doing what he loves he is completely independent!! So you might say, well keep him busy and playing. Well, easier said than done. There is this one other little thing called his sister, Sophie. Who takes naps eats lunch and dinner at the same time everyday..is on a complete schedule!! So its the balance between the 2 that comes into play. For me its not a hard concept to grasp, but for a 3 year old...is devastating! So here I am STUCK..with no real direction!! Keep doing what I am doing is what's going to happen. Oh and Kristen is going to do some research for us...

My sweet Mother-in-law, Linda is taking ethan for 3 days....HALLELUJAH!! She sensed that I needed a break. Thanks God for family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment