Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I have been up to...


As I have said before my third love is refinishing furniture. Well this is my latest find. A whopping $5 at the Habitat Restore. I forgot to take a before picture but it was you typical 1985 orangey brown stain. Not quite my style....so a little
1. A.LOT of sanding
2. Primer--one coat
3. ACE Premium Enamel Antique white--one coat
4. Antiquing stain...something I have had for years....slap it on, literally, let it sit for a minute and wipe with a rag leaving it in those cracks and crevices.

The top even had a huge chunk missing and I crammed some antiquing stuff all in there and I loved how it turned out. Was a little worried about that...


Missing some nobs but haven't found any I love...


I just love it. Looks perfect next the chair in our living room!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! Check out anthropologie for knobs (esp the sale online)!!!

    ReplyDelete